Thursday, October 30, 2008

knotted for 7 years

Time sure goes goes by fast when you're having fun. It's been seven years I've been married to Lee. It's not just one thing that makes us stronger. It's a combination of a lot of things. And it's not so simple to get married. It's not the thought that you're in love with each other but it's just a factor of it.

For seven years, a lot of things happened. A lot of trials and test and it's up to you if you still want it or get out of it.

You must have respect for each other. When we are arguing I know that there are times that I'm not conscious with my voice and sometimes this makes him freak out. So in the middle of our conversation, my respect to him reminds me that I have to tone down my voice and stop talking. Sometimes it's hard to eat our pride but we have to. In order to stop an argument we have to eat our pride and compromise. Compromise is one of the hardes thing to do, we're all human and we all want to get our way. To make a marriage work, you need to find a middle ground on things that you don't agree on.

Second important in marraige is communication. Sometimes husband is not a "mind reader" or I may say "insensitive". Sometimes I just shut up coz I'm pissed off that he's really insensitive on what I need but then after a while or rather an hour of crying I tell him. I may not like what his response will be but at least I told him. So tell him why you're feeling bad and tell him what you feel.

I've learned not to waste your time about small things. You'll both feel bad afterwards and for what, just because he forgot to wipe the sink after he brush his teeth? just because there's a drip of his pee in the bowl? just because he forgot to rinse off the tub after he bath? You have to learn when to let go and not to stir the pot. Do not nitpick. And remember that you're not perfect either!!!!

No comments: